The mission of the ORCA Children’s Advocacy Centre Society is to improve the community's response to child abuse and neglect, to minimize trauma to children, youth and their families and to model, promote, and deliver excellence in child abuse response and prevention through service, education, and leadership.
• Children and youth who are victims of sexual and physical abuse are supported in a manner that prevents further trauma and promotes healing and self-worth.
• Children and youth who are victims of sexual and physical abuse have advocates and resources provided to them.
• Children and youth who are victims of sexual and physical abuse are able to get the help they need when they need it.
• All involved agencies use ORCA Children’s Advocacy Centre and work together harmoniously for the sake of the children we serve.
• Child abuse in our community is reduced.
ORCA Children’s Advocacy Centre Society is in the process of establishing BC's first children's advocacy centre. ORCA Centre will provide a safe place for child and youth victims of sexual abuse and physical abuse to be interviewed and supported by victim service workers, police, child protection workers and others who have been specially trained to meet the needs of young people in these difficult circumstances. With the assistance of our partner agencies and the generosity of interested citizens, foundations and government funders, our goal is to begin providing support services to victims of child abuse through the operation of ORCA Children’s Advocacy Centre by April 2012
1127 FORT ST
Contact Name:Fred Ford, Project Manager