The Hope Centre is committed to assisting and strengthening our community by attending to the basic needs of its vulnerable citizens. We also advocate to change the social structures that create their poverty, homelessness, and compromised health and well being. This is achieved through the dedication of our staff, volunteers and available programs, which are designed to create positive opportunities and provide stability for those in need. To this end, we are committed to helping our community's disadvantaged citizens support themselves and their families and persevere with a sense of dignity and purpose.
The centre serves residents of Welland, Pelham and Wainfleet. The following services, programs and supports are available at the Hope Centre/Hope House.
- 24 hour Emergency Shelter (The HOPE House)
- Hope Kitchen - Hot lunches served 5 days a week
- Food Bank (Hope Pantry)
- Housing Stablization Program – assist tenants in finding affordable housing, etc
- Adult drop in – morning fellowship
- Koats for Kids – donated winter apparel for children, youth & adults
- Christmas Baskets – Christmas food baskets given to individuals & families
- Volunteer Training/Leadership Development
- Utility Programs
- Food Co-operative
- Community Coach
- Literacy and Basic Skills
- Kacey-Lynn Fund – financial assistance to qualified families with sick kids to defray health expenses not covered by their health benefits.
- Jump Start- provides opportunities for children to play in sports & recreational activities (funded by Canadian Tire Foundation Families)
179-181 EAST MAIN STREET
Contact Name:- Executive Director