To maintain an agency which can identify and respond to the changing needs of children, adolescents and families of a multi-cultural, urban community.
To achieve this we will:
• interact with the community and encourage participation in the identification and prioritization of need.
• provide programs which promote the physical, social, educational, vocational and character development of boys and girls ages 2.5 to 12 and youth ages 13 to 17 years.
• offer a secure environment, which provides alternatives to anti-social activity.
• provide direct services in the area of Daycare (2.5 to 12 years).
• make the physical facility available for community initiatives.
• offer technical assistance (referrals to other agencies, information dissemination, advocacy).
The Dovercourt Boys and Girls club is a not for profit organization that has been providing children with a safe alternative to anti-social behaviour and crime since 1957. We help boys and girls develop skills through after-school programs such as; sports, computer lab, homework help and leadership skills development. These programs are designed to keep kids off the streets and out of trouble. A recent Ipsos-Reid survey showed that 73% of Boys and Girls Club alumni agreed “the club helped me avoid trouble with the law.” Since its inception, over 30,000 kids have gone through the Club. The majority are long time members, meaning they continue to be involved in the Club until their membership ends at age 17 or become volunteers and employees. Almost 80% of our staff are former members or volunteers of the Club.
180 WESTMORELAND AVENUE
Contact Name:TONY PUOPOLO