The mission of JazzEast Rising Association, the presenting organization of the Atlantic Jazz Festival, is to be active in the support and development of a vibrant jazz community through presentation, education and community outreach. Activity is driven by the following objectives:
· To stimulate the appreciation of, and interest in, the art of jazz music;
· To contribute to the rich and diverse cultural and artistic mosaic of our community;
· To support the growth and development of the jazz art form and its practitioners, both amateur and professional;
· To provide educational opportunities for the general public to enhance their knowledge and understanding of the jazz art form;
· To provide educational opportunities for practicing and aspiring jazz artists;
· To collaborate with music educators to enhance the resources for jazz education;
· To inform the general public of jazz related activities;
· To plan, develop and produce a diverse program of jazz performances, workshops, artist demonstrations, written materials and other activities in support and furtherance of the above objectives.
As a major production of JazzEast, the Atlantic Jazz Festival is dedicated to being a quality showcase of Canadian and international jazz performance and to providing opportunity for audience and artist development through performance, education and collaboration.
JazzEast Rising is a non-profit organization formed in 1987 to present the first ever Atlantic Jazz Festival in Halifax. Over the past 22 years, JazzEast has widened its horizons beyond the successful TD Canada Trust Atlantic Jazz Festival to become involved, throughout the year, in a diverse range of musical and educational activities.
JazzEast's mandate runs from the promotion and presentation of soft-seat concerts and bar gigs to planning educational workshops (such as the renowned Creative Music Workshop).
In brief, we think jazz is important to the culture which we'd like to have, and we want to make sure that kind of culture is strong in Halifax, where we love to live.
Not just an organization, JazzEast is a community. We are over 500 active volunteers, 200 members, 270+ local and regional jazz artists, a team of corporate and government partners and an audience that has surpassed the 65,000 mark.
PO BOX 33043 RPO QUINPOOL CENT
Contact Name:Sarah Watling