HeartWood's mission is youth engagement for positive community change. We work with youth to development their skills and confidence as community leaders. We also train and coach adults to meaningfully engage youth.
HeartWood's vision is that all youth are active and valued members in their community, and together with adults, take action to create vibrant and caring communities.
- We believe that youth and adults working together build more vibrant and caring communities.
- We believe community is at its best when youth are making meaningful contributions.
- We believe that by encouraging young people to share their gifts, skills and passions, their capacity and that of the community increases.
HeartWood uses a holistic approach to Community Youth Development by:
- working directly with and supporting youth to build their skills and connect them to their communities.
- building the capacity of others who also work with youth.
HeartWood is a values-driven organization. Our values include:
- learning by doing
- strength-based approach
- diversity and inclusion
- respect for the environment
- high program quality.
5515 Spring Garden Road
Contact Name:Maria Cain