Loving Spoonful is a community food organization in Kingston that works to enhance access to healthy food in an empowering, inclusive, and environmentally sustainable manner.
We work to combat hunger in Kingston in several ways:
1. Food Reclamation - we reclaim surplus perishable food from grocers, restaurants, farmers and caterers and distribute it to agencies that feed low-income people.
2. Food Access - we help to operate a farmers market in a low-income neighbourhood; we host the Acorn Donation Garden at Oak St. Community Garden.
3. Gardening Skills - we co-ordinate free educational gardening activities for both adults and children.
4. Community Involvement - we host Kingston’s Grow a Row campaign, encouraging everyone to plant a little extra for donation to local meal programs.
5. Community Kitchens - we run free community kitchen programming to help preserve some of the food we collect and to teach food preserving skills.
PO Box 1321
Contact Name:Mara Shaw