Visa and CanadaHelps are teaming up to help you make your monthly donations a little bit sweeter. Set up a new recurring donation to any Canadian charity through CanadaHelps and Visa will add a one-time $10 gift to your donation!
Here’s how it works:
Set up a new monthly donation to your favourite charity of at least $10/month for a minimum of one year on CanadaHelps.org
Check out with Visa
Visa will add a one-time $10 gift to your donation
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does it work?
- Starting November 1, 2012, Visa will contribute a one-time gift of $10, up to a maximum of $30,000, when a donor sets up a new recurring donation on CanadaHelps of at least $10 per month to a registered Canadian charity. To be eligible, donors must check out with Visa, and set up the monthly donation for at least one year. Offer ends when the maximum of $30,000 has been reached.
- What is a monthly donation?
- Through CanadaHelps, you can set up automatic monthly donations. These pre-authorized payments allow donors to “set it and forget it,” and provide their favourite charities a steady flow of funds. You choose the charity, the amount and which day of the month to be charged. Monthly giving lets you:
- Spread your giving out throughout the year
- Easily budget for charitable giving
- Make an ongoing commitment to your favourite charity
- I’m a charity; when will we receive the additional $10?
- Once the last qualifying donation has been reached, you will receive a report and a cheque from CanadaHelps for the gift from Visa based upon the number of qualifying monthly donations made to your charity.
- Terms & Conditions
- Starting November 1, 2012 through to when contributions reach $30,000 CDN, Visa will contribute a one-time gift of Ten Dollars ($10.00 CDN) to CanadaHelps for each monthly gift set up on CanadaHelps that meets the following criteria: the monthly gift is a new recurring donation; the monthly gift is for at least Ten Dollars ($10.00 CDN) per month; the monthly gift is set to recur for at least one year; and, the donor checks out with Visa. CanadaHelps will then distribute the one-time gift from Visa to the charities based upon the number of qualifying monthly donations made to each charity.