take our Charity Fraud Awareness Quiz
and Capital One will add $10 to your donation through CanadaHelps.org!
- Take the
- Make a donation
to the charity
of your choice
- Capital One Canada
will add $10
to your donation
Capital One and CanadaHelps want to educate Canadians on how to identify false charities so their generous donations don’t end up in fraudsters’ hands.
By being diligent and asking the right questions, Canadians can confidently support those causes that are near and dear to their hearts, while protecting themselves from fraud and ID theft.
Take the following Charity Fraud Awareness Quiz to learn about charity fraud. If you complete the quiz and make a donation through www.canadahelps.org, Capital One will add $10 to your gift.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does it work?
- From March 1 through 31st, 2012, once you complete the Charity Fraud Awareness Quiz, click on the link to give through CanadaHelps.org. CanadaHelps will track which charity you give to, and Capital One will add a $10 donation to that same charity.
- Will all donations made in March qualify for the additional $10 from Capital One Canada?
- Capital One Canada will add $10 to donations up to a total of $25,000 or until March 31, 2012; whichever comes first.
- What if I donate to more than one charity?
- Capital One will add a $10 donation to the first charity you select.
- I’m a charity, when will I receive the additional $10 from Capital One?
- In early April, you will receive a report and a cheque for the amounts donated by Capital One Canada.