Our mission is to improve the quality of life of psychiatric consumers / survivors including those who are homeless or otherwise marginalized, through the provision of permanent affordable supportive housing and programs.
Houselink is committed to the following principles:
1. Housing is a fundamental right.
2. People have the right to be responsible for themselves and their own destiny.
3. People have a right to a positive culture for healing and recovery.
4. Houselink is member driven, and each member has the right to participate and share in the organization.
5. Houselink is a community in which mutual support and mutual accountability are fundamental.
6. Houselink is a community where racism, violence, sexism, homophobia and any other violations of the Human Rights Code are not tolerated.
Since 1977, Houselink Community Homes has offered people with mental illnesses a home, a community and the opportunities may of us take for granted. As one of the pioneers in the concept of ‘supportive housing’, Houselink created a brand new option for people leaving psychiatric institutions: a home that was permanent, affordable and a support based environment.
Today, Houselink is home to over 430 members. Members live in virtually every neighbourhood in the city of Toronto. We own 22 buildings and lease over 125 other units throughout the city.
Houselink works from a “Recovery” framework which emphasizes optimal wellness for each member.
The programs available to improve the quality of life of people we serve include: Community Kitchens, Families Moving Forward, Social Recreation, Member Development and Education, Member Employment and Health and Wellness.
805 BLOOR STREET WEST
Contact Name:Sian Ferguson