The Prostate Centre: Your community resource centre providing prostate cancer support and awareness
To provide services/programs that meet our community’s prostate health needs by:
• Providing unbiased and current medical information
• Offering personalized counseling and peer support
• Increasing awareness about prevention, early detection and treatment
• Collaborating with organization, support groups, and medical professionals
• Supporting research activities for prevention, detection, and treatment
Moving into our 14th year of operation, The Prostate Centre is here to help men and their families through the decision-making and healing phases of prostate cancer. From prevention and screening, to treatment and recovery, we provide support every step of the way.
Prostate cancer is the leading type of cancer in men: one in seven Canadian men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetimes. In 2013, 811 men on Vancouver Island were diagnosed with prostate cancer, and 109 died from it.
To support this demographic of men, our current programs include:
- Full library of books, DVDs, magazines and informational pamphlets on prostate cancer.
- Nurse Counseling Program: providing clear, comprehensive, unbiased medical information.
- Prostate Support Association: monthly support group meeting, providing peer to peer support for men who are living with prostate cancer.
100-1900 RICHMOND AVE
Contact Name:Leanne Kopp