To work together to increase public awareness, while supporting and enhancing the lives of our children with Down syndrome.
The Down Syndrome Association of Simcoe County serves the geographical area known as Simcoe County - north of Toronto in Southern Ontario.
To children and young adults living with Down syndrome, and their families, we provide:
• bursaries for therapies including horseback riding, dance, music, sign language and speech
• bursaries for members to attend the provincial conference
• bursaries for members to attend the national conference
• subsidies for members to participate in music therapy, speech therapy, and sign language programs
• various events including karaoke, Pumpkinfest, Christmas parties, cooking classes, a pottery class, and a summer camp.
We also publish quarterly newsletters and offer an extensive lending library. In addition we provide information packages for hospitals and clinics in the area.
P.O. Box 22008
Contact Name:Jennifer van Gennip