The SummerWorks Performance Festival is committed to the following:
* To ensure a high standard of quality productions in a Festival that has elements which intrigue, excite, attract and entertain an audience.
* To produce a juried Festival in which the participants feel supported by a strong technical, administrative and artistic team, and feel proud of the other high calibre work being produced alongside their own.
* To produce a Festival that provides an environment that cultivates and stimulates artistic growth, with the focus on artistic and professional development for both participants and our audience.
* To actively seek and support new and remounts of Canadian performance.
* To support the work and participation of the next generation of performance creators.
The SummerWorks Performance Festival takes place in the first two weeks of August in Toronto, Ontario. It is the largest juried theatre festival in Canada, producing approximately 40 performance works and 10 nights of music, performance and more from Toronto and across the country.
SummerWorks supports work that has a clear artistic vision and explores a specific theatrical aesthetic. It encourages risk, questions, and creative exploration while insisting on accessibility, integrity and professionalism. SummerWorks is the place where dedicated, professional artists are free to explore new territory and take artistic risks. Rather than getting larger, we strive to get better. We look to introduce professional artists from diverse communities to each other and be inspired by our similarities and differences.
423 - 401 Richmond St West
Contact Name:Emi Forster