Donations of Securities
The most tax-efficient way to give to charity.
In 2006, the federal government eliminated capital gains tax on donations of publicly traded securities (stocks & mutual funds). Donations of securities let you make a greater impact with your donation and receive a larger tax benefit.
Donate securities to any registered Canadian charity through CanadaHelps. CanadaHelps lets you:
- Make your pledge online
- Donate to multiple charities with one single transfer
- Receive your donation receipt by email
Giving securities through CanadaHelps is quick, easy and secure. Here’s how it works:
- Search for your charity and complete the details of you pledge.
- Print & submit the Letter of Authorization to your financial advisor.
- Securities are transferred to CanadaHelps by your financial advisor.
- CanadaHelps sends you a tax receipt.
- Securities are sold and the donation is forwarded to your charity(ies) of choice.
CanadaHelps is proud to be the first charity in Canada to accept gifts of securities online.
Make your donation of securities today: www.canadahelps.org/securities