We Just Registered… What’s Next?
There are a few things that you should do right away once your charity has registered with CanadaHelps and received your MyCharity Account username and password by email.
Log in to your MyCharity account and:
- Read through the Charity User Manual, located in the Home tab of your MyCharity account.
- Change your username and password to something that you will easily remember.
- Update your charity’s profile and add your logo.
- Include keywords and search categories so your charity can be found in a search on CanadaHelps.org.
- Click on the Donations tab of your account and get familiar with this section – you’ll be using it a lot!
- Add the Donate Now! button to your website. You will find instructions in the Link section of your account.
Next, you should:
- Let donors know you now accept donations online through CanadaHelps!
- Read through the rest of the MyCharity Account section on this website
- Familiarize yourself with both the donor and charity parts of CanadaHelps:
- Check out MyCharityConnects for resources about online fundraising – and sign up for the next free online seminar (webinar)!
- CanadaHelps 101 is an introductory webinar for charities newly registered with CanadaHelps. Find out when the next CanadaHelps 101 webinar is by clicking here.
- Read through the Charity FAQs and contact CanadaHelps if you have any questions.