Business Number: 119079929RR0001

About This Charity

Our Mission

The Parish of Digby Weymouth is an inclusive faith

community, serving and worshipping through the Word and

Sacraments, Christian education and outreach.

About Our Charity

A warm welcome to Trinity Anglican Church, Digby's national historic site. Our historic church traces its roots to 1785 when a number of United Empire Loyalists, part of the group escorted from New York by Admiral Digby, met to form a church. The cornerstone of the original church was laid by Charles Inglis, the first Bishop of Nova Scotia and Canada. The building was financed in part by a grant from Admiral Digby who also donated a fine silver bell that is still in use. A member of the early Loyalist congregation, L. James Foreman, is credited with starting the first Sunday School in North America.

The first Mayor of Digby, T.C. Shreve, and Samuel Edison, great-grandfather of inventor Thomas Edison, were members of Trinity. A number of Loyalists and their descendants lie buried in the small cemetery beside the church.

We are blessed with a congregation dedicated to the worship of God and the nurturing of our church family. Visitors are indeed welcome! Summer tours offered.