As a community, we are experiencing extraordinary times.
HCCEF continues to support Halton Catholic District School Board(HCDSB) families who are struggling right now - 70 families over the past month. Compare that to 24 families at the same time last year.
We want to be able to continue to say "Yes" to helping our neighbours in need, but we can only do that with the help of our community. If you are able, please donate to help students & families in need.
THE NEED IS URGENT
- Our neighbours are experiencing job loss.
- Single parent families can’t afford to buy food.
- Newcomer families are struggling to purchase basic necessities.
- Parents are unable to work due to illness/high risk of contracting COVID-19.
- The number of Halton Catholic District School Board (HCDSB) families helped has almost tripled in the last month
YOUR NEIGHBOURS NEED YOU NOW MORE THAN EVER.
- Struggling HCDSB families need your help to purchase food and other basic necessities.
- Our faith guides us to help our neighbors in need. “...whatever you do for the least of these, my brothers and sisters, you do for me...” Matthew 25:40
HELP US TO CONTINUE TO SAY “YES” TO FAMILIES IN NEED
- Almost 3 times the number of families have needed help compared to this time last year
- Many fundraising events have been cancelled since schools are currently closed.
- Schools are large supporters of HCCEF through spirit days or other special event fundraising initiatives.
- We need your help, to continue to say “Yes” to supporting families with basic necessities......to say “Yes” to our neighbors in need.
PLEASE DONATE IF YOU CAN
- If you are able, please donate to help HCDSB students & families in need.
- Monthly donations are a great way to budget, and will help more families in need over time.
- Help us to continue to say “Yes” to families in need.