The Dementia Society Community of Virtual Fundraisers
The Dementia Society of Ottawa and Renfrew County
Thank you for helping us go virtual by setting up an online fundraiser to benefit The Dementia Society of Ottawa and Renfrew County.
We appreciate your unwavering support during these challenging times. With your efforts, we can continue to provide much needed services and support to people living with dementia, their caregivers and their families.
How a virtual fundraiser works
1) Come up with an idea. Some good ideas include: a fundraising challenge (check out theshirtoffshoot challenge for inspiration), an online auction, or an online voting contest for something fun, like the best dance moves or a piece of art. Even a simple idea like a birthday fundraiser or another special day celebration can work really well virtually.
2) Decide if you want to participate as an individual or as a team. If more than one person is participating with you, click the "Create Team" button. You will be prompted to sign up and provide us with a bit more information.
3) A Dementia Society Staff will be alerted of your fundraiser, and someone will get back to you right away (1 to 2 business days)
4) You will be prompted to create your team fundraising page and your own team member fundraising page, or your individual fundraising page if you signed up as an individual.
5) If you signed up as team, you are now ready to start inviting team members and sharing your page with your personal network. Look for an email confirmation with a link where you can view and manage your page(s).
6) Contact The Dementia Society for any questions, advice or fundraising support. By phone 613-523-4004 ext. 3106 (1-888-889-6002), or by email email@example.com. We're here to help!