PEOPLE LIVING WITH ALS STILL NEED YOU ESPECIALLY DURING THIS DIFFICULT TIME IN OUR WORLD
We hope you and your family are well. Knowing that many Canadians are feeling the personal and economic effects of the COVID-19 crisis, we put a great deal of thought into whether we should reach out to you at this time. However, the harsh reality is that ALS does not stop and neither can we.
The need for your support is more vital and urgent than ever, especially in the light of the fact we may have to cancel, postpone or reinvent our fundraising events in an effort to keep people safe.
We hope you will help if you are able. ALS Robs people of so much, especially time.
The safety of people living with ALS, their families and caregivers is our top priority during these uncertain times. In light of the situation caused by the COVID 19 Pandemic emergency, the ALS Society of BC has implemented the following procedures;
- Staff are working from home except for the Executive Director who is in office, in isolation, to handle tasks not possible remotely.
- The staff continuously process equipment prescriptions requested by healthcare professionals for our ALS patients to ensure appropriate equipment support is provided.
- Phone calls and emails to people living with ALS throughout BC are being made by our patient service coordinators to provide comfort in the hope of reducing the feeling of isolation.
- A 24/7 crisis line is now available to our patients and caregivers
- In place of the cancellation of all support group meetings, the society will be providing support groups thru webinars.
- Unfortunately, our Walks for 15 locations in June were cancelled.
- Fundraising events scheduled to take place in August and September are uncertain until after the pandemic ends and the danger passes.