Winter Breather Program
Aspen Family and Community Network Society
Help Keep the Heat on this Winter | Support Aspen's Winter Breather Program
Did you know that one in 10 Calgarians live in poverty? That over 10 percent of our city’s population can’t afford to keep the heat on in their homes, let alone celebrate the holiday season with dinners and gifts?
Leanne and Paul are currently facing this challenge. With Leanne currently on maternity leave after the birth of their second child, they weren’t prepared when Paul was laid off right before the holidays. Now they are making daily sacrifices to keep a roof over their children’s heads, while keeping up with their rising utility bills through the cold weather. While Paul looks for a new job, they fight hard every day to ensure that they have the heat and electricity necessary to provide a safe home for their children, adding to the stress that they already feel as parents around the holidays.
You can help keep the heat on for Calgarians like Paul and Leanne.
Make a pledge today and help keep the heat on for a family this winter. Commit to raising $250 or more in support of Aspen’s Winter Breather campaign and ensure a family in need doesn’t have to choose between a warm home, food in their cupboards or gifts for children. We are looking for 50 individuals or small businesses to take this pledge with us. We hope you will join us!
Here are a few ways you can raise $250 for Winter Breather:
- Host 10 friends for dinner and ask them to each contribute $25
- Share your fundraising page on social media and ask 25 friends to each donate $10
- Coordinate a holiday bake sale at the office and donate the proceeds
- Host a charity fitness class (spin, yoga, Zumba, boxing, etc!)
- Bring your bottles to the recycling depot after your holiday party and donate your refund
- Ask your employer to make a corporate donation
Are you ready to get started? Create your fundraising page today.