Bowl for Kids Sake 2020
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Fredericton and Oromocto
A re-imagined Bowl for Kids' Sake 2020 presented by Canadian Tire
We are super excited to announce a re-imagined 42nd Annual Bowl for Kids’ Sake fundraising campaign happening June 12-20, 2020! It’s more than a bowling event. It’s more than an online event! There are lots of prizes to be won and there’s no fee to sign up!
This year’s edition – a bowl-from-home event - looks different due to physical distancing and a public health ban on large group gatherings, but it’s still all about kids. Now more than ever, our impact is life-changing and our mission is urgent. For the Littles and families in our program, the trusting, personal relationships they have with their Bigs continue to be vital. Our one-to-one mentoring service has continued throughout the pandemic. With your support of this fundraiser we will be best positioned to respond to the increase in demand for mentors by families whose children are suffering during this extended period of isolation.
We invite you to join in on the fun and be eligible to win prizes!!
- At the top of this page, create a team or join as an individual for our Bowl-from-Home event. At the top of the page is also where you can donate now.
- Develop a simple yet creative approach for a competition involving bowling or anything that rolls from home. It might take place in your backyard, on your deck, in your kitchen, from your desk or a comfy chair. The items you could use are endless: pop cans, golf balls, paper towel rolls, milk cartons, soccer balls, pylons, marbles, dominoes, popsicle sticks, timbits or even a bowling app on your phone.
- Post to your Instagram or Facebook page (or send by e-mail to email@example.com) an image or one-minute video of you playing your bowling/rolling game. All entries must contain something that rolls. The use of "bowling pins" is optional.
- Tag us @bbbsfredericton (Instagram) or @bigbrothersbigsistersfredericton (Facebook).
- Challenge someone else near or far to get involved. Hopefully they will bowl/roll at home and/or donate to the cause.
- Monitor our Facebook page(@bigbrothersbigsistersfredericton) starting on June 12th for daily prize draws. A ballot will be entered in your name for posting one image/video, for issuing challenges, and for each $100 you raise. See "Announcing our Winners!!" listing below.
- Tune in online on June 20th for a wrap-up celebration (you will be provided with a link). There will be awesome prizes awarded for creativity and for top fundraisers. There will also be special edition t-shirts awarded to everyone who has raised at least $100!!
If you have any questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “BOWL” in the subject line.
For more information on Big Brothers Big Sisters of Fredericton and Oromocto, please visit our website.
ANNOUNCING OUR WINNERS!!
Earlybird Registration Draw
Jenga Game and BBBS new logo tee - Fredericton North Rotary Club
2 large Dominoes Pizzas and 6 Tommy's Flooring bottled water - Team Degaust/Barton
Gift Card Draw Winners (June 12-19)
June 10 - Sweat Club - Emma T (Rotaract)
June 19 - William's Seafood + Princess Auto ($50 total) - John W (Alleygators)
June 18 - Jungle Jim's (total approx $25) - Lilly (Rotaract)
June 18 - Montana's ($25) - Suzanne L
June 17 - McDonald extra value meals - Rebecca (Fred North Rotary)
June 17- Domino's Pizza - Team McLaughlin
June 16 - Swiss Chalet + Rainbow Car Wash (total approx $25) - Elva (Fred North Rotary)
June 16 - Lighting Gallery ($25) - Anita L
June 15 - Avalon Spa + Wendy's (total approx $25) - Thomas P (AD-Hawk and Bush League Boys)
June 15 - Feeds n Needs + Pita Pit (total approx $25) - John W (Alleygators Team)
June 14 - Marshall's ($25) - Sonya (Fred North Rotary)
June 14 - Princess Auto ($25) - Team Degaust/Barton
June 13 - William's Seafood ($25) - Team Georgina
June 13 - Jungle Jim's ($25) - Fredericton North Rotary
June 12 - The Lunar Rogue Pub ($25) - Epsilon Ys Men Team
June 12 - The Snooty Fox ($25) - Team McLaughlin