The BC Bereavement Helpline is a non-profit organization that wants to break down barriers for family members, friends, professionals or caregivers needing help with their feelings of grief and loss.
• Fielded 2,428 calls in the 2017-2018 fiscal year
• BCBH trained 156 community and police victim service workers in Crisis Response Following Sudden Death in order to better assist families and loved ones during a traumatic loss
• Over 100 individuals trained as facilitators of an 8-week traumatic loss support group
• BCBH held two suicide grief support groups and one homicide grief support group last yearHow to Help
BCBH will use your critical financial support towards:
• Providing lower-cost access to our homicide or suicide grief support groups
• Expanding homicide and suicide grief support groups to more communities throughout BC
• Researching additional programs to support family members and caregivers in the face of the opioid crisis
• Updating our technological capacity to increase our capacity to respond to our community's needsWhat Your Donation Will Provide
• $25 allows BCBH to provide 130 BCBH Grief & Loss Support brochures to an organization in need at no cost.
• $120 supports one person for an 8-week homicide or suicide grief support group.
• $1,200 will provide free access to 10 people in a homicide or suicide grief support group.
• $3750 will provide free Traumatic Loss Facilitator Training to a community in BC for up to 20 participants.
Find Out More About This Charity