For the Love of Music!
BRITISH COLUMBIA GIRLS CHOIR SOCIETY
Did you know that more Canadians sing in choirs than play hockey?
The benefits of singing in choirs extend beyond the music.
Our BC Girls Choir programs:
- build confidence;
- foster social and personal responsibility; and
- offer a welcoming community for singers and their families.
Did you know that studies show that music education has positive effects:
- on brain development, physical health, and memory capacity;
- that singing sharpens concentration, improves spacial organization and brain function; and
- that vocal training promotes improved breathing, posture, coordination, core strength, and mental and physical relaxation?
- offers a combination of developmental, social and cultural benefits;
- hones the ability to listen; and
- teaches collaboration, personal responsibility, social inclusion, respect, time management, confidence, and compassion.
- introduces students to a variety of musical styles, languages and cultures; and
- texts highlight a range of social issues, broadening the singers’ perspective and understanding of the world and peoples beyond their borders.
Please support our mission to provide the very best of a choral education for the girls and young women of the British Columbia Girls Choir. We are producing empathetic and caring young women who will be the leaders of their generation.
For the Love of Music - join us with your financial support!