Thank you for Adopting a Grandparent! You are making a difference in the life of a lonely, less-fortunate senior
Ways to Adopt a Grandparent:
Adopt a Grandparent with a cash donation and receive a special story about a senior who was impacted by your gift.
Adopt a Grandparent in honour of a friend/family member as your gift to them and give a gift worth so much more. They will receive a special story about how your gift made a difference for a senior.
Fundraise for Adopt a Grandparent and receive stories and a video that you can share socially. Involve your work, family and friends. Team options are also available.
Contribute gift cards! Call Joanne at (403) 807-2119 for more details.
We use donated gift cards to support our clients throughout the year. It’s amazing what a gift card for some groceries can do for a senior who is hungry or clothing for a senior who has no winter clothing. Their relief and gratitude is immense.
By Adopting a Grandparent, you are ensuring isolated and low-income seniors have FREE access to programs including:
* Friendly Visiting Volunteers who will visit when they are lonely;
* Escorted Transportation rides to medical appointments when they have no way to get there and are feeling apprehensive;
* Shopping Companions who help them with their shopping when they are too frail to manage it all;
* Quick Mobilize Volunteers who help in urgent situations where there is no other support available;
* Pet Assist Volunteers who provide assistance with their pets when they can no longer properly care for them but can’t bear the thought of surrendering their beloved companions.