Children in homes filled with violence and abuse are at a greater risk of poor physical and mental health later in life.
Mothers know their children’s well-being is connected to a safe home. That's why, every night there are more children in the Emergency Shelter than women .
You can make a difference in the life of family. Help us support their stay at the Calgary Women's Emergency Shelter and their journey to a life free from violence and abuse. The Emergency Shelter provides women and their children a safe haven where they receive meals, clothing, referral services, physical and mental health supports, safety planning, and counselling.
Our services are free but the cost to keep two families safe for a month is $5,000 and includes
1. Food - $1,000 or $ 250 a week
2. Transportation - $ 600 or $ 125 a week
3. Utilities - $ 300 or $ 75 a week
4. Clothing - $ 600 or $ 125 a week
5. Counselling - $1200 or $ 300 a week
6. Housekeeping & Maintenance- $1,000 or $ 250 a week
Take a Stand Against Family Violence and Abuse - Adopt a Family at the Shelter.