Embracing a broken world in word and deed
OUR CORE VALUES:
• Local Church as the centre of the mission activity of God.
• Integral Mission, combining word and deed, as we seek to live a deeper discipleship.
• Mutuality in partnership.
• Generosity as part of global discipleship.
• Resourcing not simply marketing to the local church.
• Strategic Recruitment for and the resourcing of our international and national partners.
• Responsible Stewardship of our human and financial resources, seeking to keep administration of CBM lean and efficient.
About CANADIAN BAPTIST MINISTRIES
CBM connects churches across Canada and around the world. We are a grassroots movement that believes mission and ministry emerge from the local church into the neighbourhood and beyond, seeking a ministry that is both spiritual and social in its dynamic.
We focus on four key and integral ministries:
• Leadership Development,
• Sustainable Community Development,
• Pioneer Outreach, and
• Global Discipleship.
We encourage a multi-national team approach with the appointment of global and national field staff. We also facilitate the sending of short-term mission teams.
Through The Sharing Way, our relief and development department, we respond to needs and disasters. We emphasize transformational development and address related issues of hunger and poverty, clean water, disease, HIV and AIDS, sustainable agriculture, micro-enterprise, education, gender equality, environmental preservation, and peace and reconciliation.