Canadian Hard of Hearing Association
The Hear2Lead campaign is a virtual fundraiser to support the mission and vision of the Young Adults Network (YAN), a network of young adults with hearing loss that spans the entire country. In past campaigns, your donations have successfully enabled over four leadership retreats and activities.
The Young Adults Network (YAN) of the Canadian Hard of Hearing Association is a non-profit network of young adults aged 18-35 with varying degrees of hearing loss that strives to educate communities about hearing loss, to provide resources and support to young adults with hearing loss so they can become productive members of society, and to foster connections and active leadership amongst our membership.
The purpose of the Young Adults Network (YAN) is to raise awareness about the issues and concerns of hard of hearing young adults in Canada, to enable them to connect with each other, and to provide support for them to be involved within CHHA and to lead a happy and healthy life.
- be the vehicle of concerns and coordination for members’ activities on behalf of and in the service of hard of hearing young adults in Canada.
- advocate for the development of social, educational, technical and employment environments which would enable young hard of hearing Canadians to achieve their potential.
- encourage the hard of hearing young adults to take individual and collective responsibility for their growth and development through the development and encouragement of social networking and mentoring, whether on a formal or informal basis.
- explore and advocate for the strengths of, and the obstruction to equal access of hard of hearing young adults, and develop solutions to these barriers.
- promote the development of and access to technical aids, services, and facilities for people with hearing loss.
- promote the education of the general public, social institutions, professionals and the hard of hearing young adults themselves, about hearing loss problems and the available solutions.
With your contribution to our Hear2Lead fundraiser, you are making a meaningful impact in supporting us through activities and events specifically for young adults with hearing loss, such as leadership retreats, our inaugural summer camp and much more, thus allowing us to advance our vision and mission. It is greatly appreciated, no matter how small it may seem – every donation helps!
Learn more about the Young Adults Network (YAN) via our website here.