Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) provides education to over 37,000 refugees In the West Africa region. In Chad specifically, JRS operates its largest education program globally. Education projects range from early childhood education to tertiary education to non-formal formal education activities, including peace and reconciliation workshops.
With this campaign our partner JRS seeks to strengthen education projects in West Africa by increasing school attendance, the overall quality of education, and the employability of refugees in the region, while simultaneously fostering a more peaceful coexistence of diverse communities in Chad and Cameroon.
Your donations to this campaign will put Mercy in Motion. Please consider making a gift of:
- $27 provides pre-school education for a child per year in the region
- $67 per month gives access to primary school education to a student displaced from the Central African Republic in Cameroon
- $135 per month helps fund a specially-trained refugee educator in Cameroon
- $335 per year covers the costs of post-secondary English language classes to a student in Chad
- $1,350 a year helps young women to stay in secondary education, decreasing the chances of falling victim to child labor, child marriage, or survival sex
Thank you for providing refugee education and investing in peace.