Fitche Hospital is a 102 bed zone hospital located approximately 125 km from Addis Ababa in the Fitche District of the North Shoa Zone of Oromia. This is one of the poorest regions in the world and has one of the highest newborn child mortality rates in the country. Fitche Hospital’s location on a busy highway means it receives a high number of emergency patients who often travel great distances to access health services. Despite the best efforts of dedicated staff, Fitche is resource-poor and lacking essential training, equipment, and supplies. Doctors and nurses have the academic training – but not the technology, equipment or best practice methodologies – to deal with emergencies.
You can help us:
- Repair and expand the current ER to improve emergency department efficiency.
- Install new handwashing and sterilization areas.
- Supply new treatment and recovery beds.
- Procure required medical equipment, medicines, and other necessary supplies.
- Approximately 1.5 million people who rely on Fitche Hospital as their regional health provider.
- 3,600 households supported through trained Health Extension Workers, in and around the Fitche area of the rural communities.
- 57 Health Centres and 297 Health Posts
- 102 Fitche Hospital staff.
- 1,200 households directly reached
Donate a Day of pay towards this worthy cause and help us improve the healthcare given at the Fitche hospital. Everyone deserves quality healthcare, whether here at home in Canada, or in the remotest area of Ethiopia.