Toronto Challenge 2018
Centre for Opportunities, Respect, and Empowerment
The 2018 Toronto Challenge is coming up on Sunday, June 10th! CORE is proud to be a community partner of the Toronto Challenge and has participated for many years. We need your support to make 2018 our most successful fundraising year yet!
CORE supports adults with developmental disabilities or dual diagnoses to engage in lifelong learning activities that encourage self-determination and social inclusion. Many CORE participants are seniors and older adults, and CORE strives to address their unique and changing needs. CORE provides daily hot lunches to senior participants with the support of Second Harvest donations, which enables regular access to nutritious food. Physical activity groups help to maintain strength and mobility. Life-skills groups support participants to maintain their independence. Critically, the recreational and community-based programs at CORE facilitate ongoing social connection, which is integral to the process of healthy aging. Seniors and older adults are an important part of the CORE community, and we are committed to continuously evolving to meet their needs.
The Toronto Challenge is an excellent fundraising opportunity, as all of the costs involved in organizing and running the event are generously provided by sponsors such as Monster Mortgage.
You can help in the following ways:
1. Collect pledges and join us (family and friends are welcome!) on Sunday, June 10th to participate in the 1K walk, 5K walk, or 5K run. The majority of the CORE team will be participating in the 5K walk together. For more information on how to participate, please visit the official Toronto Challenge website.
2. If you are unable to join us on June 10th, you can participate by collecting pledges from your family members, friends, co-workers, neighbours, and contacts on behalf of CORE participants who will be walking or running in the event.
3. Make a personal donation online using the form below or via the CORE website.
A CORE charitable tax receipt (Charitable Registration # 11887 1177 RR0001) will be mailed to individual donors who pledge $10.00 or more.
Thank you in advance for all of your support in making CORE’s participation in the 2018 Toronto Challenge a huge success! Let’s make this the best year yet!!
*If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail after making a donation, please contact us at email@example.com*
For those of you who are able to join us, here are a few tips and reminders for race day:
- Bring a refillable water bottle
- Dress appropriately for the weather, including hat and sunscreen
- The subway opens at 8:00am on Sundays (The closest subway stations are Queen Station and Osgoode Station)
- Low-impact warm-up from 9:00 a.m. - 9:15 a.m. suitable for all ages
- Please do not bring pledges to this event, instead return them directly to CORE or donate online using the form below
- Our group will be wearing red so we can all spot each other - remember to wear something red that day!
The event starts at Nathan Phillips Square (City Hall) where CORE will be meeting at the east side of the square, opposite of the stage. Please aim to meet the group at 9:00am. After the walk, we will meet back at Nathan Phillips Square. Come on out and join us for the walk!
We hope to see you there,
The CORE staff team