The Foundation's objects are to promote the health, recovery and rehabilitation of wounded, injured and sick servicemen and servicewomen, both veteran and serving, (WIS) with the object of improving their conditions of life. Many Servicemen and women suffer life-changing injuries, visible or otherwise, whilst serving their country. Through our work we support these men and women find the motivation to move on and not be defined by their injuries. On a trip to the Warrior Games in the USA in 2013, HRH Harry saw first-hand how the power of sport can help physically, psychologically and socially those suffering from injuries and illness. He was inspired by his visit and the Invictus Games was born. The word ‘invictus’ means ‘unconquered’. It embodies the fighting spirit of wounded, injured and sick Service personnel and personifies what these tenacious men and women can achieve post injury. The Games harness the power of sport to inspire recovery, support rehabilitation and generate a wider understanding and respect for those who serve their country. The overall mission of the Invictus Games is about much more than just sport – it captures hearts, challenges minds and changes lives.
Charities Aid Foundation Canada
Registered Name: Charities Aid Foundation Canada
Business Number: 801966334RR0001
- ArtNow International, Inc.
- Hogar de Esperanza
- Independent World Television
- Magdalen College School
- Marlborough College Foundation
- National Outdoor Leadership S...
- Netroots Foundation
- Education Foundation of the P...
- Riverdale Country School
- Scholae Mundi Foundation
- The Royal Foundation
- Wellington Orphanage
- World Youth International Aus...
- Consortium for Street Children
- Lawyers Committee on Nuclear ...
- Invictus Games Foundation
- Santa Fe Institute (SFI)
- PSC Partners Seeking a Cure
- Save the Children India
- Stay at School
- Refugee Support Europe
- Physicians Committee for Resp...
- Tonbridge School Foundation
- Innovista International
- WAGGGS (World Association of ...
- Our Impact