Heads Up Walk-a-thon
DALE BRAIN INJURY SERVICES INC
2018 is the 10th Annual HEADS-Up Walkathon, and this will be the first year this event is a “virtual” event.
What does this look like?
- During the entire month of June (Brain Injury Awareness Month), DBIS will be posting information, photos, videos, and other content on our social media platforms (Facebook & Twitter).
- DBIS will be asking for our supporters to get involved online with us! Like, share, comment and participate in the online activity to be involved. Share your steps, post pictures of you walking and challenge others to participate and get active!
- Pledge sheets are available on our website. Please download and print one off to collect pledges. Submit your completed form and the funds raised to support our Walkathon Fund and win prizes!
- We will be tracking and updating an online count of the fundraising total throughout the month to show our supporters how the campaign is doing.
This year we have identified that, in addition to enriched client program opportunities, many clients require various household items and other necessities they may not otherwise be able to afford. There are also clients that would benefit from subsidies, allowing them to continue to access beneficial and supportive services. Your participation and support of our event will help clients to meet these basic needs and continue to receive beneficial services!
Recovery from a brain injury varies depending upon the type and severity of the injury. Your support would work to accompany people every step of the way on their journey, providing the services necessary for clients to maximize their strengths and live healthy, meaningful lives.
How can you get involved?
- Go online and like the DBIS Facebook page at facebook.com/DaleBrainInjuryServices/ and follow us on twitter @DaleServices – This will ensure you are able to follow all of our online activity and participate too!
- Download the pledge form at daleservices.on.ca and ask for friends and family to support your participation in the walkathon. Fill out the information requested and once pledges have been collected, submit the completed sheet with funds to DBIS.
- Canada helps will still accept and process online credit card donations.
**NEW THIS YEAR – Canada Helps will now facilitate team fundraising. To create your team, please visit https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/dale-brain-injury-services-inc/p2p/Headsupwalkathon/
Thank you for continuing to support the 10th Annual HEADS-Up Walkathon for Brain Injury Awareness. If you have any questions, please feel free to email email@example.com or call 519-668-0023 ext. 119 and speak with Cassie Taylor.