Step It Up for Ukraine's Children
Since 1993, Help Us Help The Children (HUHTC) - a project of Dopomoha Ukraini -Aid Ukraine- together with The New Generation International Charitable Fund has been dedicated to improving the quality of life of children living in orphanages and institutions across Ukraine. Throughout the past 25 years, we have delivered programs and initiatives for children designed to assist them in building a strong foundation, developing skills and empowering them to successfully reach limitless goals and opportunities.
In June 2018, Ruslana Wrzesnewskyj, President and Founder of HUHTC will be walking 650km from Kyiv to Vorokhta to raise worldwide awareness and call on the government to reform the orphanage system in Ukraine. Money raised will be directed towards sustaining and expanding HUHTC initiatives.
Our Ongoing Initiatives:
- Annual Summer Camps (since 1995) - societal and life skills training for orphans, displaced children, and children of fallen soldiers
- Annual Winter Camps (since 2004) - societal and life skills training for orphans, displaced children, and children of fallen soldiers
- Scholarship Program (since 1998) - financial scholastic support and mentorship through seminars and life-skills training workshops
- Anti- Trafficking Initiative
- AIDS Awareness Programs
- Rehabilitation for ATO widows and families (since 2014)
- Rehabilitation for war-affected soldiers (since 2014)
- HUHTC has raised over $25 million CAD in 25 years
- Over 10,500 children's lives have been directly impacted by HUHTC's camps
- We have organized 60 Humanitarian Aid routes, delivering formula, medication, clothing, and toys to orphanages across Ukraine
- We have financially supported over 250 orphanage graduates in their post-secondary education
- Over 200 volunteers have traveled to Ukraine over the years for camps and aid routes