4th Annual Durham Superhero Fun Walk
DURHAM CHILDREN'S AID FOUNDATION
Durham Superhero Walk
The Durham Superhero Walk is a 5K Fun walk that is open to all residents of Durham and for all ages. Our superheroes come in many shapes and sizes but they all follow Wonder Women’s “Amazon” Code -Govern yourselves with love, kindness and service to others.
The Durham Superhero walk supports our most vulnerable children in Durham region, those affiliated with the Durham Children’s Aid Society.
Held in the month of October to commemorate child abuse awareness month, the Durham Community is invited to come and participate in this annual event. Every child needs a superhero- from social workers, teachers, police officers, firefighters, paramedics to community champions.
How can you support this Event?
Register as a participant or better yet enter the Corporate/Team relay challenge and start fundraising- Set a fundraising goal and help our most vulnerable children in our community. The impact is great and every dollar raised makes a superhero impact!
- For $50,DCAF can put together a 24 hour emergency care backpack for children brought into care
- For $100, DCAF can put together a gift hamper for a child/youth to help put HOPE into the holiday season
- For $170, DCAF can send once child to a week of summer camp
- For $400, DCAF can provide a gift hamper for a deserving family during the Holiday season
- For $1500, DCAF can provide a youth in care with a post-secondary bursary
EVERY CHILD NEEDS A SUPERHERO!