As a community, we support each other during these uncertain times related to COVID-19.
The needs of our newest newcomers revolve around maintaining hope and settlement progress during this time of limbo. Many are struggling to cover their basic needs, and they don't have the technology to reach the outer world for help.
Your support in this time of crisis goes to Edmonton newcomers in need of:
- Financial help to cope with food insecurity, rent payment, utilities, etc.
- Technology tools to support social connection and learning (e.g. laptops, computer software, access to the internet).
- Any other unexpected needs that arise from this forced isolation.
Examples of what we could do with your gift:
- $100 to send a groceries gift card to a family that is struggling to make ends meet
- $200 to give a brand-new tablet to a student to keep attending classes online
Newcomers to Canada join our communities with resilience and hope. Let us work together to help them so that their contributions to society continue to flourish.
Thank you for your help!