Engage and Change
Founded by Jody Steinhauer, Project Water–an Engage and Change initiative–was born in response to the inexcusable fact that more homeless people die from dehydration in the summer than from exposure in the winter.
During this one day event, volunteers and sponsors gather together to distribute cases of water—by hand—to over 170 front-line relief organizations. These agencies have the expertise to reach out to the homeless with bottled water during extreme heat alerts. Project Water volunteers also pack and distribute Summer Survival Kits containing essential items to help those in need cope with the extreme heat.
Since its inception, the project has placed in excess of 2 million bottles of water into the hands of the homeless in Toronto and the surrounding areas homeless.
Supporting Engage and Change is a great way to earn student volunteer hours, build your resume or just generally get involved in the community!
To begin fundraising, please complete the following steps:
1) Setup your fundraising page by creating a team or joining as an individual
2) Enter your email and create a CanadaHelps account
3) Set your fundraising goal and personalize your account
4) Email family and friends asking them to support your fundraising effort!
5) Recruit friends to join you to do the same