Project Winter Survival 2019
Engage and Change
For the past 20 years, Project Winter Survival and our team of volunteers & donors have assembled and distributed over 30,000 Winter Survival Kits. These kits provide warmth and essential supplies needed for the homeless and less fortunate to survive on the streets. These kits often make the difference between life and death.
Last year over 11,000 requests for these life saving kits were received from agencies that help the homeless. Our goal this year is to assemble and distribute more than 3,000 kits to over 170 front line agencies, which include, the Red Cross, Out of the Cold programs, the Salvation Army, Covenant House, local shelters, and outreach programs in the Greater Toronto Area. These agencies then distribute the kits to the most vulnerable people who are living on our streets.
Supporting Engage and Change is a great way to earn student volunteer hours, build your resume or just generally get involved in the community!
To begin fundraising, please complete the following steps:
1) Setup your fundraising page by creating a team or joining as an individual
2) Enter your email and create a CanadaHelps account
3) Set your fundraising goal and personalize your account
4) Email family and friends asking them to support your fundraising effort!
5) Recruit friends to join you to do the same