Hike for Happiness - September 20, 2020
Family Service Thames Valley
The government of Ontario in an effort to keep everyone safe has limited outdoor gatherings to 25 people on private property.
Our hike will be taking place largely on private property. Given how large and private this property is we still think this is the safest place to hold the Hike. The public gathering limit is 25 and was just announced and is effective immediately.
To keep in compliance with this limit and to keep everyone safe please email Beth Jones at email@example.com if you still plan on attending the group Hike and if so how many people are coming with you. The plan now is to have 2 start times. One leaving at 9am and the second leaving at 10:15am. In your email please advise if one of the start times does not work for you.
Thanks - Beth
Hike For Happiness
Be Prepared & Take Note
- Wear Yellow (shop) to help the event get noticed and identified
- Bring water!!
- Wear walking or hiking footwear.
- Walking will be on uneven, unpaved trails with trip hazards.
- Pets and strollers cannot be accommodated at this event.
- There will be pictures and video taken that will be posted publicly.
- Due to COVID this year’s Hike has been relocated to private property to allow for physical distancing and to allow us to control the number of people on the Hike and that everyone is travelling in one direction
Participation: Make an online donation and/or collect donations
Location: Thorndale Ontario on the private property of John and Bonnie Ross. We will be meeting in the Wye Creek Subdivision of Thorndale. Please follow this location or enter 180 Jennifers Trial, Thorndale, Ontario into your GPS http://hikeforhappiness.ca/map
To those who do not feel comfortable hiking in a group due to Covid we would ask that you still Hike where you feel comfortable with your family and wear yellow!
Registration: 8:45 am
When you arrive please sign the waiver form located on the table. If you have cash donation to submit please ask for Rav or Beth. Due to COVID we would ask that all participants give distance to those not in their social bubble. Hand sanitizer and disposable face masks will be available for those who need them.
As we will be walking on private property we do ask that you leave no garbage behind on the trails which are beautifully manicured.