Feet for FEAT Relay
F.E.A.T. for Children of Incarcerated Parents
Walking to Make a Difference!
- On Saturday, October 6th, 2018 the founder of FEAT for Children, Jessica Reid will embark on a walking relay marathon from Queens Park in Toronto at 9:30am to begin the relay.
- The first 40-kilometers will be walked by Jessica with no shoes to show that people and especially children who are affected by incarceration have no support.
- Teams will continue the relay which will arrive at Parliament Hill in Ottawa on Monday, October 15th, 2018
- The goal is to increase the awareness of children affected by parental incarceration in Canada and raise funds to support our much needed programming and to purchase our bus that is integral to our programs - our FEAT bus allows to ensure the safe arrival of kids to our programs each week, it enables children to explore, learn skills and create unforgettable memories on field trips and empowerment retreats and facilitates visits with parents every weekend who otherwise would not have the opportunity to do so
- To increase the magnitude of impact, members of the community, professionals, social service clubs, and corporations have been invited to register teams to take the mile challenge in support of the innocent children left behind.