Freedom Walk 2020
Free Korean Dogs
Join us for our second annual Free Korean Dogs Freedom Walk!
We are pleased to announce our Freedom Walk will be held virtually this year in light of the pandemic, where we will all walk together in spirit while staying physically apart.
It is estimated over 2 million dogs in South Korea alone are slaughtered for meat each year. Many are brutally tortured prior, as it is believed the adrenaline released from the stress of torture makes the meat tastier and enhances nutritional and healing properties.
From October 19th, 2020 to October 25th, 2020, join us as we walk to raise money and awareness for dog meat survivors in Korea. Here’s how to get started!
- Register as an individual or create a team.
- Share your dog’s story and ask friends and family to pledge your walk. Don’t have a dog? That’s ok too! Walk in honour of FKD or dog you know!
- Pick any day between October 19th to 25th to walk the event with your pup.
- Remember to take lots of photos and videos. You can also track your route through apps such as “Map My Walk” and “Walkmeter”
- Share your photos, videos, and walk route with us on social media. Tag #FreedomWalk2020 so we can all find each other!
**100% of proceeds will help support the food, medical, shelter, and training needs of dog meat farm rescues***
Our Freedom Walk is open to anyone and everyone, anywhere! You don’t need to be a FKD adopter or dog owner; all you have to do is love one. Choose to walk 1K, 5K, or challenge yourself to more. Get creative and explore new neighbourhoods, or take a scenic hiking trail.
Prizes for top fundraisers TBA.
We can’t wait to “see” everyone there!