Before registration please review the following questions, expectations and conditions about the trail.
Are YOU up to the Challenge Questions?
You should be able to answer yes to most if not all questions below.
1. Is your fitness level up to the challenge of a 4-day, long distance, off road trail
2. Are you comfortable with riding in the saddle for 8 hours of on/off pedaling?
3. Are you ok with sleeping overnight in a tent for 3 nights?
4. Is your bike equipped with 2 bottle holders or other suitable water supply?
5. Would your physician approve you of this challenge?
6. Will you be using one of the following types of bikes?
- Mountain, cross, off road, hybrid, fat bike, suspension
7. Are you aware and capable of the distance required to ride per day?
- Longest day 90km, total of 280km in 4 days
8. Are you able to ride on the following multiple surfaces?
- Gravel stone dust, dirt track, road detours, shoulder roads, low river
9. Are you ready to have some fun while overcoming obstacles while on the trail?
What can YOU Expect?
These are some, not all of the details included in the weekend package.
SAG wagon - Daily road support, camping gear and luggage transportation
Meal Planning - 8 meals provided plus other refreshment stations along the way
Stops in the community - Multiple places on route to stop and refuel, provided by local contributors.
EMS - local emergency services will be notified of route and will be available should there be a need.
Parking - At beginning of trail, to keep vehicle till return.
Camping - 3 Nights of camping with facilities. (bring your own equipment, maximum of 1 hockey bag per rider)
Staff and volunteers - Tour Director, operational volunteers needed, planning Committee Volunteers needed.
Downtime Guide - After riding hours long weekend event activities. (fireworks, theatre, beaches, restaurants)
G2G strives to put on an exceptional event that suits the needs of most riders. We encourage your family, and friends to come support you along the way. Should you want to opt out of camping, there are many local options that you can book on your own. In the circumstance you need to exclude yourself from a day of riding, or meet the group half way through, this is acceptable at your discretion.
What are some Conditions and Specifics?
Get excited here is the itinerary; to be updated as finalized.
Day 1: June 29 Friday (30 to 60 KM):
Staging and check in, from noon till 4pm. Riders come in from Guelph/KW on bike and beyond by car to ELMIRA. All participants are staged and hosted, overnight camping in West Montrose (dinner/overnight/breakfast).
Day 2: June 30 Saturday (90 KM)
Riders leave Elmira after breakfast 7am, and ride on to Millbank for “refueling” (Stopping briefly in Linwood) All Riders and SAG arrive at Blyth and are hosted, dinner reception and/or enjoy the Theatre in Blyth.
Day 3: July 1st Sunday (50KM)
Optional ride to Goderich @ Lake Huron. Riders leave Blyth after breakfast and go into Goderich Beach area for reception and lunch. Riders return to Blyth for dinner and fireworks.
Day 4: July 2nd Monday (70 KM)
Riders leave Blyth and stop at Milverton for reception (refueling). Continue on to Elmira for “official finish” welcome at Arena Staging area (cars have been left there). All Riders are accounted for and gone by 5 pm.
After registration we will send out any important information to help you get ready. We suggest you use the questionnaire as a training guide. Ie: ride long distances on multiple surfaces.
If you have additional questions, please email email@example.com