Since first opening its doors in October 2003, the Grande Prairie Youth Emergency Shelter (o/a Sunrise House) has assisted over 3,500 youth who, due to a variety of circumstances found themselves without a safe place to sleep. Here at Sunrise House we are committed to working with these youth to develop long term, permanent solutions to whatever circumstance has lead them through our doors.
Sunrise House depends on the support of our community groups and businesses like yours to help keep our doors open. We appreciate you sharing in our belief of Making Youth Matter by Giving Youth Hope.
To provide safe, temporary emergency shelter for distressed youth ages 12-17
Every family has the resources and means to resolve family conflict with youth and maintain positive respectful relationships with the youth in their lives.
OUR GOALS & OBJECTIVES
- To provide emergency and/or, when appropriate, transitional shelter for homeless youth
- To connect homeless youth with the necessary programs and services that will support a successful return to their home or to finding safe, suitable living accommodation
- To connect homeless youth to programs and services that will strengthen coping skills making them more resistant to crisis
- To support youth and their families to develop more constructive and positive relationships through mediation or referral to other community services
- To collaborate with community agencies and associations and actively participate in community efforts to improve the condition of families and youth
THANKS TO YOUR SUPPORT WE PROVIDE
- A safe temporary emergency shelter for youth ages 12-17 who are homeless, at risk of homeless, abandoned, sexually exploited, or in crisis
- Youth Support Workers available 24 hours/day
- Support in developing long term solutions
- A warm meal, shower, and clothing
- Family Support and Mediation
Find Out More About This Charity
PO BOX 21099 RPO CO-OP PLAZA
GRANDE PRAIRIE, AB , T8V 6W7