Since it was built 15 years ago, the VIFF Centre has provided a place for communities to connect and share stories from around the world. With over 60,000 audience members experiencing 875 screenings and community events each year, VIFF fosters conversations, creativity and a better understanding of the world’s cultures through the art of cinema.
Imagine more opportunities to share, explore and celebrate together.
VIFF's stunning new reimagined space will include the addition of:
- A Micro-Cinema that will provide twice as many screening opportunities and showcase more local filmmakers.
- A fully resourced Education Suite for an expanded array of education and training opportunities for youth.
- A New Media Presentation Space to showcase and support the creation of new screen based works.
- A newly revitalised Atrium event space for receptions, performances, conversations and collaborations.
You support of Vancouver International Film Centre Reimagined will impact the community in many ways
- Provide re-imagined spaces that allow for an expanded variety of programming that will bring new audiences to the venue;
- Increase creation, collaboration and presentation opportunities with access to affordable space for current community partners and a wider range of cultural communities;
- Enhance the film-going experience for Vancouver film lovers with shared public spaces to gather and celebrate;
- Allow for an expanded array of educational and training opportunities for youth;
- Positively benefit the filmmaking community and allow the Vancouver International Film Centre to act as the heart of their professional community;
- Contribute to the long-term fiscal health of the organization with expanded ticket sale, concession and rental opportunities