2018 Move with Meaning
HAVEN SOCIETY: Promoting the safety of women, children, youth & families
Welcome to Move with Meaning 2018!
We want to start by saying a huge thank you - for stepping up & joining this cause! The work Haven is doing simply cannot be done without people like you making time to participate in fundraising events like this. So ROCK ON sister - we appreciate you and so do all the women & families Haven supports. You should feel pretty darn awesome about yourself!
This years event is going to be EPIC. And I don't use that word lightly! Why so epic?
- We will once again be bringing down the house at the Vancouver Island Convention Centre - this time we will be a ballroom 2x the size, with professional audio and video streaming of the stage so everyone can feel like they’re front row divas!
- Gifts of Gratitude (aka your super sweet swag bag): each participant receives a super sweet swag bag! The swag is still rolling in…but so far it includes an exclusive Move with Meaning custom swag from Super You, Power House Living Foods Co, Alair Homes, and Charlie Parker Group (stay tuned for exactly what…as soon as it’s confirmed and we have our proof we’ll announce what it is in the Facebook Event!), a full size bottle of OPI Nail Lacquer from Tigh-Na-Mara Seaside Spa Resort, a $10 cash card from Frontrunners Nanaimo, a $10 voucher from Woodgrove Centre, and a special $79 exclusive registration special for the Live it Up 8k (that’s $20 off the early registration price)!
- The prizes for our Top 3 fundraisers are extraordinary! They're still rolling in...but let's just say this: it includes yoga and fitness passes from Super You, OmTown and Casa Loca, a pair of shoes and gift certificates from Frontrunners Nanaimo, an entry into the Live it Up 8k and….drumroll…. a spa getaway for two at Tigh Na Mara! Hello #spaheaven
- And did I mention our instructor line up? Dynamic Yoga warm up with Steph from OmTown Yoga, Dynamic Fit + Flow with Gillian Goerzen from Super You, A SURPRISE Mystery class with with Fab Lethbridge from Casa Loca, DancePl3y with Melissa Burke, Bolly-X with Leticia from Casa Loca, Hip Hip with Serra from VIBE and we’ll close the day with a heart centred relaxing yin yoga and meditation with Gillian. I promise you’ll leave feeling exhilarated, inspired and with a very full heart!
- Register as a Team: This year you can register as a team! The team that collectively fundraises the most will get a Pizza Party sponsored by Mambo Gourmet Pizza (and of course ALL the bragging rights!). What better way to connect with your work colleagues, friends or loved ones than by having a sweaty fun time together?! To keep things fair we’ll be limiting teams to 10 people. Note: each individual within the team will also be eligible for the Top Fundraising Prizing as well. So, bring your A game gang! Let’s do this!
What you can be doing to prepare:
- Be your kick ass awesome self! If you're worried about the fitness side of this event please know that this event is about an awesome sweat, but more about having fun & raising money! But if you're looking for some help to get prepared physically, Gillian from Super You has some ideas to help you! You can email her here.
- Start fundraising. This year with the goal of 200 women and $50,000 we’re sure you can do the math to realize that the minimum donation of $100 won't quite get us there...which is why we’re making a BIG & BOLD request of you to really GO FOR IT! We don't want that to feel like pressure...but if you are so inspired we'd LOVE to reach our goal! So, how to make it happen? Some women choose to donate the money themselves...but some choose to do all sorts of awesome things to raise it. From bottle drives to door to door the world is your oyster! If you need suggestions here are a few:
- Ask your friends & family
- Post the link provided to social! Social media is a wonderful way to drum up support and money!
- Bottle drive (for real - this is a good time to collect those summer empties!).
- Paint Nite! Last year one of our awesome participants threw a 40th birthday fundraising bash - that raised over $800! WOW! #brilliant
- Invite your friends to join you! This is a HUGE goal this year to double the participants & more than double the dollars raised, but we absolutely think it's possible. Can you help us out by sharing the event, inviting your friends and reminding them to register so they can get THIS awesome email and start hearing about all the EPIC details? We'd be forever grateful!
That's it for now. Stay tuned to the event page where we'll be dripping out all the JUICY details about sponsors & prizes as they come together! Let's do this!