Do you know a child with cystic fibrosis? Has someone you love had a heart attack? Been diagnosed with cancer, diabetes, MS or Alzheimer’s? Or any of the other more than 400 other chronic diseases that touch 9 out of 10 Canadians? If so, HealthPartners and our 16 national health charities are here for you.
Since 1988 we have been working tirelessly to save the lives of Canadians and to keep you healthy – through finding cures and treatments for the most devastating chronic diseases.
Our charities provide front-line support and advocacy to improve the lives of Canadians living with chronic disease or faced with a major illness, as well as their families and caregivers.
Our aim is to connect Canadians with the charities that touch their lives….every single day. In every workplace. In every household. In every community.
We want to build a healthier Canada.
For more information or to sign up for our e-newsletter, please visit healthpartners.ca.
Your Donations at Work
Every dollar donated to HealthPartners makes a difference in finding a new treatment or cure and in improving the quality of life of Canadians living with a chronic disease or major illness.
Our own research has included the following:
• Chronic Disease and Mental Health Report (2015)
• More than Microscopes: The Difference Canadians Make Saving Lives Through Medical Research (2017)
• Pieces of Glass: A Mosaic of Solutions: Report of the Forum on Refugees and Chronic Disease (2018)
And here are but a few examples of the life-saving research and much-needed support from our member charities -- among Canada’s most trusted:
• vital programs and services to people living with dementia, including Alzheimer’s, and their caregivers; contributed to Canada’s first national dementia strategy
• ergonomic backpacks filled with hot and cold packs, pencil grips, zipper pulls and resources to children diagnosed with arthritis
• 47 projects for Crohn’s and colitis research
• research funded by Cystic Fibrosis Canada resulting in one of the world’s highest survival rates for Canadians living with CF
• community outreach to people at higher risk for diabetes, including Indigenous communities and Canadians of Asian and African descent
• support to over 15,000 people affected by Huntington disease
• kidney transplants to over 1,000 Canadians on dialysis due to kidney disease
• 66 research projects on lung disease, including on the effect of air pollution, which kills 14,400 Canadians every year
• 1,192 pieces of vital equipment purchased for people living with a neuromuscular disorder like muscular dystrophy Your donation to
HealthPartners ensures funding to all 16 of our national health charities, which are there every day for you and your family.