$200 will contribute to a child’s week at camp.
A summer camp experience can be life-changing for a child but is financially out of reach for many parents. Our Camper Subsidy Program ensures that no camper is turned away because of financial barriers. The number of requests we receive for financial help increases each year.
Your gift of $200 will be applied directly towards a week of camp for a child whose parent has asked for help.
WHY IS CAMP SO IMPORTANT
Children who come to camp have opportunities to grow through many experiences:
- Climbing the rock wall or hitting the archery target for the first time grows self-confidence
- Being away from home and family grows independence
- Meeting new friends and living in community grows healthy social and interpersonal skills
- Being led by an enthusiastic and caring staff team models collaboration, flexibility, creative thinking and initiative
- Spending time in nature fosters an appreciation, respect and understanding of the environment around us
- Focused conversations, skits, stories and games grow an awareness about each person’s opportunity to impact the world around them in a positive way
WHAT FAMILIES ARE SAYING
First Time Overnight Camper: “This was the first year for my daughter and she hasn’t stopped talking about her amazing time there. She can’t wait for next year to go again.”
Subsidy Recipient: “I was incredibly impressed and my kids loved it. I’m so thankful that my kids had this opportunity. Thank you for everything you did to make my kids feel welcomed and loved!”
Day Camper: “My son came home saying that Hidden Acres is the best camp EVER. He had a great time. He was excited every morning to come back. It was a great experience for him!”
To provide a welcoming, peaceful gathering place where diverse groups of people experience life-giving connections with God, one another, and nature.