While our office doors are closed and our main annual fundraiser postponed, HIV Community Link is continuing to provide services in Calgary and Medicine Hat.
In response to the COVID-19 situation, we are offering the following programs and services:
- Client appointments: our case managers are in contact with clients by phone and email for supportive counselling and to help with specific needs;
- Food hampers: We help deliver food hampers to clients in need;
- Harm reduction supplies: we offer information and deliveries to clients or community members;
- Prevention & Education: the following programs offer phone support and online outreach: Drumbeat (African, Black and Caribbean communities); HEAT (gay, bi and other men who have sex with men); Strong Voices (Indigenous Communities).
IN MEDICINE HAT:
- Harm Reduction Supplies: We offer delivery and also support the community with harm reduction supplies through outreach.
- Needle Debris: we continue to work with the community to offer needle debris services; our Needle Debris line is (403) 866-4698;
- Well Program: People who think they are pregnant and current clients have phone support available from our social workers and nurses.
Currently, our most needed items are hygiene products, clothing such as underwear, warm socks, and food. Help us support some of the most vulnerable members in our community!