Hope4Child EDUCATION PROGRAM - Focus on Educational Gaps in the Northern & Eastern Provinces of Sri Lanka. Children's BASIC needs are met through Special Projects and Child Sponsorship. EDUCATIONAL needs are met by providing funding for Catch-up classes, Facilities in remote areas, and Vocational training.
"90% of 200,000 students do not enter university" - 2013 Verité Research
“Poverty is the overwhelming reason for non-completion of schooling.” - Devpro Research Centre, UNICEF
- Conflict at home
- Lack of quality teachers
- Improper methodology
- Environmental factors
- Poor health/nutrition
- Lack of awareness
- No proper mentoring
- Lack of Motivation
To address these identified causes and educational needs, Hope4Child plans to expand its current education program in the North of Sri Lanka, by launching a similar program in the East of the country.
The program in the DS division of Kaluthavalai, Batticaloa, will benefit the children whose education was adversely affected by both the conflict and the 2004 tsunami. An Education Centre will be setup targeting an additional 70 children in the East of Sri Lanka, bringing the total enrollment in the program to 140, since its inception in 2000.
DONATION ideas - COST per Unit - Units REQUIRED
- Classroom Furniture - $1000/class - 4 units
- Classroom Computer - $600/unit - 7 units
- Audio/Video - $1400 - 1 unit
- Named Scholarship - $2000/5 kids - 5 scholarships
- Sponsor a Teacher - $800/year - 5 teachers
- Sponsor a Child - $420/child - 120 children
Partial sponsorships are always welcome!
WHY SUPPORT H4C?
• are an Independently managed Canadian registered charity.
• have channeled over 94% of funds in the past 10 years directly towards the care of children.
• are comprised of 100% Volunteers, incurring minimal overhead expenses.
• are well connected on the ground, working with established local partner organizations.
• primarily work with widows and their children in Sri Lanka, and on special projects in Mozambique.
• provide livelihood opportunities to promote self-sustainable income generation.
With YOUR support, we can make it possible for this program to be fully established and implemented.