2018 Swim for Hospice Huntsville
7th Annual Swim for Hospice - Sunday August 12, 2018
There are three ways to support the Swim for Hospice and help us reach our $25,000 goal.
1. Join us on Swim Day - August 12, 2018
Joy Jarvis, a local long distance swimmer, will complete a 12 km Swim for Hospice on August 12th. Joy will start her swim early in the morning at the Town Docks in Huntsville. She will swim out around Centreview Island in Lake Vernon. You can participant in the swim by joining Joy at 1 km, 2 km, or 3 km as Joy swims her way back to the Town Docks.
- There is a $50 required donation (registration fee) per swimmer, but this is waived if you raise a minimum of $100 or more in donations.
- Pre-registration for the swim is mandatory - you must register by Friday August 3rd at 4:00 p.m. This is done either by Joining as an Individual through this CanadaHelps page or if you are only using a Pledge Form only, then you must sign out a Swim Registration Package at Hospice Huntsville;
- On this CanadaHelps page, you must select the "Join as an Individual" if you are joining the swim, as there are important details that we must collect.
2. Create Your Own Swim
If you would like to swim closer to home in your lake, river or pool, then Create Your Own Swim. Select the location, swim distance, the name of your swim and your fundraising goal. Your Swim name will be displayed on the Hospice Huntsville website, so please do not include any personal information you do not want displayed on our website.
You must register your swim. Download the Create Your Own Swim Registration Form from the Hospice Website - Swim for Hospice. Please complete your own swim by Friday September 14, 2018.
- If you are fundraising/donating through this CanadaHelps site, you must select the "Join as an Individual". This simplifies and streamlines the fundraising process.
3. Donate to the Swim
You can also make a splash by donating to our Swim for Hospice Fundraising event. Your fundraising will help us meet our goal.
Start Your Fundraising/Donating
Whether you are Joining Us on Swim Day, Creating Your Own Swim or Donating only, you can fund raise/donate in one of the following ways:
a) Online: If you are swimming, click "Join as an Individual" on this CanadaHelps page. This simplifies and streamlines the fundraising process. If you are donating only i.e., not swimming, then you can click the Donate Now button on this CanadaHelps page.
b) Paper Pledge Package: Packages are available if you would like to compliment your online fundraising with a paper pledge form or if you would prefer to fund raise using a paper pledge form. You can pick up a Paper Pledge Form Package at Algonquin Grace – Hospice Huntsville, 100 Frank Miller Drive, Huntsville or download the paper pledge form from the Hospice Huntsville website.
Please complete your donations and fundraising by Friday September 14th.
All donations over $20 will receive an income tax receipt.
If you have any difficulties entering information online, please contact CanadaHelps at 1-877-755-1595.
If you have a question about Hospice Huntsville or the Swim for Hospice, call us at (705) 789-6878 ext. 236 or email: hospiceH@vianet.ca .