2020 Hike for Hospice Palliative Care
WHAT DOES THE 2020 VIRTUAL HIKE FOR HOSPICE LOOK LIKE?
Despite COVID-19, we can still HIKE FOR HOSPICE!
Hike for Hospice is Hospice Northwest’s only major fundraising event of the year. Together, we have raised $350,000 for palliative care in our community since 2012! This year, with the safety of our clients, staff, volunteers and supporters foremost in our minds, we are launching our first ever VIRTUAL HIKE FOR HOSPICE!
1. REGISTER: Join or start a team, or register as an individual Hiker HERE by clicking the buttons above. You can create your own fundraising page and gather pledges from friends and family
You can also register BY PHONE: (807) 626-5570, x 5573 or BY EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. COLLECT PLEDGES:
• Minimum required donation/pledge amount to participate is $40
• First 150 Hikers to register will receive a Hiker’s Buff
• All Hikers will get a flower to use in the Remembrance Ceremony
• Hikers that raise $45 or more will receive a colourful ribbon to tie to the Butterfly Remembrance Wall at the Adelaide Monarch Butterfly Garden
• This year, we are going CASHLESS! We are asking that all funds be raised through this fundraising site, or that pledges be sent to HNW by e-transfer or through credit card or cheque
3. SEND US A PHOTO of the person you are Hiking in memory of, and we will include your photo in a video montage to be played Sunday morning prior to the Hike
4. PICK-UP: ON FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 11TH We will ask Team Captains or Individual Hikers to drop by the HNW office to pick up their Hiker’s gifts and their Remembrance flowers and ribbons. Social distancing protocols will be in place to ensure everyone's safety. Details on follow.
5. VIDEO LAUNCH: On Sunday September 13th at 10 AM, we will share our Hike for Hospice Launch Video on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HospiceNWThunderBay/ and then the 2020 Hike for Hospice will begin!
6. HIKE FOR HOSPICE!: Walk at Boulevard Lake, or in your neighbourhood, a favourite trail or wherever you like. We will have volunteers at the Butterfly Remembrance Wall from 10 AM to 4 PM on Sunday to greet you when you stop there to tie your ribbon to the wall (subject to government regulations). For those that choose to walk elsewhere, we invite you to visit the Butterfly Remembrance Wall whenever you feel comfortable.
7. 50/50 TICKET DRAW: At 4 PM on Sunday, we will livestream from Boulevard Lake to draw the winning ticket for our 50/50 draw, announce the Hike total and thank everyone for your support!
While on your Virtual Hike, inspire others by snapping a picture and sending it to email@example.com or tag us on Facebook or Instagram using #HikeforHospiceTbay
QUESTIONS? PLEASE CALL US AT 807-626-5570 OR EMAIL HIKE@HOSPICENORTHWEST.CA