Summer Step Challenge
Huron Shores Hospice
We couldn’t hike in May due to the COVID-19 outbreak, but we can do a virtual Summer Step Challenge. Everyone can participate! You can challenge yourself to walk or run 10,000 steps per day or any distance you are able, every step is a step towards helping our community have more access to high quality hospice care. Use this event to get up and moving after too many days of social isolation.
- Challenge yourself to walk or run 10,000 steps per day for a total of 180,000 steps in 18 days. OR walk or run any distance you are able, every step is a step towards helping our community have more access to high quality hospice care.
- Raise money for the hospice by donating and asking your friends and family for their support
- Team up with colleagues for our corporate challenge
- Registration is free but a suggested donation of $20 upon registration to support the hospice would be greatly appreciated.
- Have the chance to win exciting prizes for Most Steps Taken, Highest Individual Fundraiser, Highest Team Fundraiser and your registration automatically enters you for a chance to win a weekly $25 gift card from a local business on the gbhstrongstore.com.
- Make sure you take pictures of your walking journey and share them on social media with the hashtag #18 for hospice to help us raise more awareness about hospice care. Tagging us on social media will give you chances to win prizes from our sponsors.
What’s so special about the number 18?
The Huron Shores Hospice has provided care to 18 residents since it opened its doors in 2018.
However, 18 community members have also passed away in that time while waiting for a bed in the hospice – underscoring the importance of expanding our services.
Starting today (July 18) challenge yourself to walk or run at least 10,000 steps per day for a total of 180,000 steps in 18 days OR walk or run any distance you are able, every step is a step towards helping our community have more access to high quality hospice care.
How do I track my steps?
1. Visit the website https://www.gbhstrong.com/huron-shores-hospice and click on the “Track Your Steps” button
2. Fill out the Track Your Steps Form – this form will ask for your name, email, team name (if applicable), date, and number of steps taken. You can access the form anytime during the challenge (July 18 – August 4) to submit your steps and you can retroactively submit your steps.
3. Check out the Leaderboard. Once you have entered your steps you will be able to see your progress (and your teams progress) on the leaderboard page. Please ensure you select your team name when completing the form to have your steps count towards your team total. View the leaderboard at https://www.gbhstrong.com/leaderboard
5. Have fun and stay hydrated!
We have a number of exciting prizes for participants. Thank you to our sponsors Bruce Power, NPX, and Kinectrics for making these prizes possible. There are prizes to recognize all types of participation so get stepping and start sharing your journey!
- Weekly draw – There will be a weekly draw for a $25 gift card to the GBH Strong Store open to all participants in the challenge
- Best Social Media Post – Share your journey of social media by tagging#18forHospice. There will be five prizes of gift cards valued at $25 gift card to the GBH Strong Store plus a delightful summer beach blanket
- Most Steps (Individual) – This prize is for the individual participant who takes the most steps during the challenge. They will win a fabulous Bose Wireless Speaker + $25 GBH Strong Store gift card
- Most Steps (Team) - This prize is for the teams who collectively takes the most steps during the challenge. They will win gift cards valued at $25 for the GBH Strong Gift Card Store (*up to ten cards) and Bruce Power water bottle.
- Highest Fundraiser (Individual) – This prize is for the individual participant who raises the most money for the Huron Shores Hospice during the challenge. They will win an awesome Amazon Echo Dot and a gift card valued at $25 for the GBH Strong Store
- Highest Fundraiser (Team) - This prize is for the teams who collectively raises the most money for the Huron Shores Hospice during the challenge. They will win gift cards valued at $25 for the GBH Strong Gift Card Store (*up to ten cards) and delightful Isotope Socks
Upon registration, I acknowledge that I understand the intent thereof, and I hereby agree to absolve and hold harmless Huron Shores Hospice and its corporate sponsors, cooperating organizations and any other parties connected to this event in any way, singularly, collectively, from and against blame and liability for any injury, misadventure, harm, loss inconvenience, or damage hereby suffered or sustained as a result of participation in the 2020 Summer Step Challenge, or any activities associated therein. I also give my full permission for use of my name, photo, and video in connection with this event, and to receive email updates about events and programs.